CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, April 21, 2008

R&R

So I have returned from my vacation to Florida with a majority of my family. It was fabulous on all kinds of levels. I got away for 9 days, I got to see the fam, and most importantly...I got my brown on :) Yes the skin tone level is officially on point. It had record low temperatures in Orlando, so while our pool time was slimmer than other vacations, my cousin and I definitely kept our cups full-all week. At times I honestly questioned getting sloshed in front of my whole family- but as long as I stayed a little bit under my Aunt Car...hey, at least I wasn't alone. My cousin was there too, which was awesome since we usually only see each other once a year. She has her own male drama. So we made a pact- You don't call/text your guy...I won't call or text J. She failed. But, I still didn't call J.

He texted me Monday morning telling me to have a safe trip. Of course if he wasn't being a dickwad he would have known by then I had been in Florida two days....He then called me, and texted me on Friday letting me know that he had given Jennifer my number. He then told me that Jennifer was the girl who was with us on our double date the night before our fiasco occurred. Now mind you, Jennifer was cool...hung out with me for all of 2 hours and lives in California. I can't imagine what she would need to call me for (and she still hasn't called.) I can't keep up with him, I don't know if that was an excuse to call, text....whatever. I did give J's friend Pookie ( no, that isn't his real name, it's my name for him that actually pisses him off...) my car for the week. He was going to detail it, change the oil. Gotta love those west indian personal drive-way car shops...Pookie calls me and lets me know that J had actually taken my car, got it detailed, and took it to get the tint back on the replaced window from my car break in last month. Hmmm....that was nice. So I admit I did text him to say thank you, but that was it, just thank you. And I will also admit that I am the #1 hypocrite for not answering any of his calls or texts, but then I question why doesn't he respond to my thank you text.

So much for being away and getting my mind off of the situation. I think I thought about him more. Of course the wine, Bacardi, cartons of cigarettes, and ignorant amount of food (which all accounts to the 8 pounds I gained last week) were sure a big enough band-aid! On another note, how come some women (me being the number one culprit) feel that they have to look absolutely fly when they run into their ex? Yeah, I pondered that when I got up an hour early, did my hair like I was going to try out for a Pantene commercial, and put about $15 worth of smashbox and bare minerals on my face...And I definitely can't afford to lose my beauty sleep, my hair can't take the heat damage, and I just spent $120 at ULTA as it is....the potential for running into him is getting a little expensive...I guess I'll just have to look a hot ass mess.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am glad you enjoyed your vacation and had fun. Jealous that you had some sun time too cuz girl, my legs are white as hell when compared to the rest of my body. I look like Casper if he had legs. We want to look cute for the exes so they remember and know what the hell they missing out on!

Anonymous said...

i refuse to let the exes see me looking a hot mess.

refuse!

that was a sweet gesture of him. i know he misses you, but he misses what you were to him, and until he's ready to make you what he is to you, he's just trying to get what HE wants out of the deal :(

everytime it was cold i was like "oh poor bella is pissed i bet" lol glad you had fun in florida! next time we should hang out

Bella said...

Lena- Yeah I'm gonna be pissed if i cant hold on to this glow for at least another month until the weather get's its head right! i think even if i looked to up from the flo up, those chics still can't compete.... :) he'll always miss my looks ;)

Bella said...

ms. peach- oh girl you know i was freaking out. i was like forty degrees? i coulda gone to ny for this shit. it was actually warmer in ny and chicago a few days...but none the less, i took it like a champ and got in my vitamin d. and next time you come to the a we should totally club somethin vicious!

he has his sweet moments. rarely. sporadically. he is the most consistent inconsistent dude i know. i just keep tellin myself he doesnt miss me- makes it harder to deal with, easier to not fall for the fuckery...